Saturday, October 15, 2011

Heart attack narrowly avoided!


I almost had a heart attack yesterday!  I’m OK, but it deserves some explanation!
The children had been invited to a birthday party yesterday afternoon and we were ready to leave, had the tank’s keys in hand and were about to load up!  Francisco, the gardener, calls to get my attention and says “Look at Pele (our big black lab)
So, Emma, Alex and I all three look at Pele who is proudly sitting in the middle of the driveway, holding a HUGE spinny lizard in her mouth!  You may know that I don’t like critters…even less when I don’t expect them!  Of course, Emma and I start screaming…even louder when Pele moves toward us and you can see the lizard still wiggling in her mouth.  She’s so proud of herself!  She’s caught a lizard and wants to show it off to us.  She moves closer, drops the lizard at our feet and sits!  Of course, the lizard tries to make an escape, Pele jumps on it, grabs it back…and does it again, drop, sits, stares at us…  all the while Emma and I are still screaming at the thing! 
Francisco saved us!  He grabbed his broom and a dustpan, swept the now badly injured and almost dead lizard and dumped it all in the trash…
What emotions that little thing caused…and a good story for the birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment