Sunday, September 25, 2011

Beware of advertising!


I got played!  This past week I saw an ad for a market at one of the lodges in town…  It featured artifacts, handmade furniture, bootsale, and many more items….  With the kids in tow, we set out early Saturday morning to find the lodge where this great market was taking place…  We arrived, were let through the gate and discovered a beautiful lodge, very zen and relaxing…  The market part of the deal, however, was a real bust!!!  Very little artifacts and handmade furniture, while the majority of the sellers were individuals trying to unload their used clothing, toys, videotapes, books…  It was more flea market or garage sale than anything else.  The kids and I were crushed, having expected some true African artisans!  Oh well, next time, we will hopefully be more successful!  My little finger tells me that there is a Fair next weekend at the school… Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment