Friday, August 19, 2011

Love at First Sight

Our housekeeper Annie has been working in our homefor 17 years and today she experienced love at first sight!  I was observing her sweeping the floors, literally moving the dust around!  Knowing that our vacuum cleaner from Saudi was in the pantry, I pulled it out of storage, brought it to her and ask her if she wanted to use the vacuum.  She looked up and told me she had never used one.  So, I showed her how to plug it in, how to sweep the floors and then let her have a go!
Annie started giggling, giddy with happiness and utter glee.  So, as a good lady of the house, I went back to the Monopoly game we were playing and she went on with her first vacuuming!  We could hear her giggle and laugh by herself!   At one point, she saw Francisco, our gardener and called him in, to show him the vacuum.  Again, we heard laughs and giggles!  They started admiring the vacuum sucking up the dust.    Francisco stayed in, to watch her vacuum.  He even had his try with the machine.
I had never considered that some people had never used a vacuum cleaner, but seeing Annie and Francisco laughingly use it to clean the house probably was one of the best sounds I had heard!  The giggles and laughs of adults discovering a helpful technology tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment